CreationsbyGena

CreationsbyGena
♥ Doing what I love....to create!

Monday, February 3, 2014

Mixed Media Angels on wood

It has been awhile sense I painted anything that was not EOD related. So,  I was in the mood to do something mixed media and I had some scrap wood laying around and here is what I did.


I am really happy how these beauties came out. 
Painting's were done on a reclaimed wood and measures 11 inches tall and is 5.5 inches wide and is 3/4 inches thick.

Mediums used for each piece include Acrylics, color pencils, oil pastels, glitter paint, and some stamping.
Sides and the backside have been painted in a dark grey The wings and halo have been accented in glitter paint. This has been coated in a clear glossy varnish to help protect the art and to bring out the colors.
These can be found in both my ETSY shop and my Zibbet shop

Below are a couple pics I took as these were in the works. 


I forgot how much fun it was to work with Mixed media. Think I will go make something for Easter now sense I have a cpl more pieces of wood to play around with. 

Enjoy your day!

No comments: