CreationsbyGena

CreationsbyGena
♥ Doing what I love....to create!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My first batch of peach butter

So I finally did it. I made my first batch ever of Spicy Peach Butter using the peaches off my peach tree over the weekend.






It took nearly 24 hours in the crock pot cause I forgot to leave the top off the first 12 hours of cooking so the water can evaporate. It has a whole lotta peaches (12 cups), cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and Honey. This batch is a little "loose" to me, but it does spread nicely on English muffins. So I guess I did it right.

I can't wait to make my 2nd batch. I am certain it will be even better. Think I will use sugar on the next batch cause this batch I used honey.  

I will be giving some to my neighbors and as gifts. :)



No comments: