CreationsbyGena

CreationsbyGena
♥ Doing what I love....to create!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

A day of play..or a day of hell! LOL

On Friday we decided to go hike Stone Mountain.

Stone Mountain is 1,683 feet above sea level, and you can enjoy amazing views of downtown Atlanta, the North Georgia mountains and the surrounding area. On a haze-free day, you can see 60 miles from the mountain.

All I got to say is..... what the hell was I thinking!

It was very pretty out, but windy. The chair lifts were not even working on the other side due to the strong winds, but to my surprise there were alot of folks out hiking on the side we were on.

It is hard to tell in this picture , but this was a very steep incline. I was holding onto this rail for dear life thinking I would roll back down the mountain if I let go!

I wanted to die ya'll.

This was oh half way I think. I wanted to take a pic showing how far ATL was.

Here I zoomed in to show you the city. Wish I was there at that moment eating not climbing a granite rock! LOL

Look of the trail going up.

Flock of geese.

Seriously, I wanted to hurt James I think at this point. LOL


another view of the trail going up. Remember, walking up this rocky trail to only walk back down it!
What is so funny, is this is only a 1.3 mile trek. I walk 1-3 miles a day, but this was wicked!
We had fun all in all. My feet were killing me at the end cause this dummy here wore her Reebox toners. Uh.... don't recommend wearing those on rocky surfaces as these shoes are already unstable. geesh. Better get some killer calves and booty after this!

Anywho, if you are ever in the ATL area I do recommend you check out Stone Mountain park.
But, take the sky ride! Plus on that you can see the Confederate Memorial Carving.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Stone Mountain, we used to go there all the time when we lived just up the street from you. But what were you thinking hiking it!!!!!! We used to make fun of the smucks coming up the hill with their tongue dragging behind them. Gheeshh, you are crazy, bet your legs and booty is killing you now. You are a brave woman.
Hugs Sabine

Frankie Stockman said...

Your pictures are super pretty.. You know you loved the pain! :)

Barbra said...

Ouch! Looks like quite the trek!