CreationsbyGena

CreationsbyGena
♥ Doing what I love....to create!

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Folk Art Mermaid on a recycled board

Here is a little, well actually it is a big mermaid; I painted for my dear friend Holli.
If you saw on my other post, I created a cute shabby chic hand painted wine glass for her as well for her Birthday.
I painted this Folk Art Mermaid on a recycled board that my sister-in-law gave me.
It originally had some other art on it that she no longer wanted and gave it to me so I then painted over it.
Here is what it originally looked like:
So I took some acrylics and glitter paint and went to town on it.

I really like how it turned out.
A few years ago I did this mermaid for her out of Plywood that she could put outside at her pool.
So I thought it was time to do another one for her, but this time one she can hang inside.

Life is a great big adventure and I am so blessed to have my dear friend Holli in mine!
Loves yah Holls!!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hi Gena, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/