CreationsbyGena

CreationsbyGena
♥ Doing what I love....to create!

Friday, October 21, 2011

MOIST BANANA NUT BREAD..Mm Mm Mm

SHew, after an exhausting day climbing up Stone Mountain I decided to make some Banana Nut Bread.
What made me think to make it was,  I went to go grab a banana to eat cause I figured after all that hiking I will surely get leg cramps tonight so I need to get some potassium in me. HA..the Banana's were really really ripe..so instead of throwing them out...Moist Banana Nut Bread!

The recipe: 
Gena's BANANA NUT BREAD 

1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups flour
3 large very ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup nuts, chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Blend together sugar, butter, and eggs. Add dry ingredients, which have been sifted together. Add mashed bananas, chopped nuts, and vanilla extract. Pour into a greased loaf pan.
Bake at 375°F degrees for 1 hour.
Brush top with melted butter or glaze with confectioners icing, if desired, while loaf is still warm.
Confectioners' Sugar Glaze Icing

1¼ cups Confectioners' Sugar
3 tablespoons Milk
½ teaspoon Clear Vanilla Extract

Stir milk into sugar. Add vanilla. Drizzle onto baked item(s).
May be thickened with confectioners' sugar or thinned with milk or other flavored liquids
.Makes: About ½ cup of icing.
What a great bread to make on a cool afternoon! Ahhh the house smells sooo good too while this is cooking. 
Hope you like the recipe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm...I can almost smell it through the photo! Love me some banana nut bread - and I've never thought to put a glaze on top or brush with butter. Thanks for the recipe, Cousin!

CreationsbyGena said...

You are so welcome! This is sooo good with the sugar glaze. James and I will have this gone within 3 days!