CreationsbyGena

CreationsbyGena
♥ Doing what I love....to create!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

a week in review...

This has been a bitter sweet week for me.
My daughter graduated from high school and enlisted into the Coast Guard and we have learned her ship out date will be July 13, 2010. Our son whom is in the Air Force has been home visiting and he is deploying to the middle east in Aug. for his 2nd deployment. I kinda laugh at his deployments cause they aren't anything like when his daddy would deploy for 12 or 18 months at a time..nooooo... Air Force only goes for 4 months! However, being a momma I still hate the fact that he is in harms way. You know kids, they can be 50 and they are still your babies.

Also this week I have been working on lot of paintings. Once completed I will show them on here and they will be posted in my ETSY store. It has been a very disappointing week with ebay. I listed a lot of ACEO's with a starting bid of only .99 cents.. only 2 sold thus far which is not very encouraging to an artist ego that is for sure. I figured .99 cent ACEO's would be a BARGIN to some lucky bidders. It really has been a hit or miss on ebay and ETSY lately.

I am in my 3rd week of recovery from my Hysterectomy I had on May 14, 2010 and I keep asking myself will I ever be able to wear normal clothes again due to the "swelly Belly" and not have this achy pain all the time. I have good days and bad days. Good days I paint. Bad days I just lay in bed or sit in my heated massage chair with my heating pad :) thinking of something new to paint.

So I say good bye to last week and hello to the new week hoping it is full of inspirations and profit!

No comments: