CreationsbyGena

CreationsbyGena
♥ Doing what I love....to create!

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My first Blog!

"My work is the result of a need to follow my creative spirit, to develop it and use it, and bring joy to my life and to those around me. In doing so I am constantly finding the same need in others. That is why I do what I do, and love what I do and I hope my work can bring a sMiLe to your face as it has mine!"

Hello everyone and thank you so much for checking out my little blog.

My name is Gena and I have been an artist for as long as I can remember...just ask my parents. In School while growing up, I took many art classes and even graduated from a 4 year vocational school for graphic and advertising design back in 1987. I had plan on having a career in graphic arts, but lets say "things change" and for the best I must say.

I am originally from FL now living here in a small town in GA, brought here due to a Military move with my hubby in 2001. Great town..not to big..not too small. I am married to my high school sweetheart and have two wonderful kids that sometimes "don't get me"...LOL My Son Is in the Air Force and my husband is is finally retired from the Army after 22 years being a EOD tech to now go be a police officer! YIKES!! :) My daughter is wanting to follow her father and brothers foot steps and join the Service.

Me, I am a aspiring artist. HA HA I like realism art, however lately I have a more funky, whimsical flare and you know what, it makes me smile and I noticed it brought a smile to others that see it so this has been my inspiration..to make you smile!

I love to paint, and to craft things. I generally keep busy during the day coming up with something new that I can offer to the public. I love painting animals, fantasy creatures, women, nature, and abstract designs. My own tuxedo cat and calico kitty, (Haily & Autumn) and my dogs and bird are often the inspiration for my animal paintings.

It brings me great joy to share my love of vibrant, colorful, whimsical art with others. My husband has been my biggest supporter along with my sister-in-law's Andi and Tiffany and Of course my childhood friend Holli and my good friends Amiee and Sabine have been my biggest fans! "Thanks guys"I also sell my art from time to time on ebay and ETSY. My art can be found all over the US and in Canada and now the UK!

Currently I am working on all sorts of stuff and my own website so if you are checking me out please do come back and say hey as I am sure I will need a nice hello ever so often! teehee

No comments: